The Croatian Educational Research Association (CERA) is a professional association which gathers university professors and educational scientists and researchers in the Republic of Croatia. It was established in 2015 on the initiative of the Institute for Social Research in Zagreb as a candidate member of the European Educational Research Association (EERA). Co-founders of the Croatian Educational Research Association are: the Academy of Fine Arts, University of Zagreb; the Faculty of Teacher Education, University of Zagreb; the Faculty of Education and Rehabilitation Sciences, University of Zagreb; the Faculty of Economics and Business, University of Zagreb, the Scientific Centre of Excellence for School Effectiveness and Management of the Faculty of Economics and Business, University of Zagreb; the Faculty of Teacher Education, University of Rijeka; the Faculty of Kinesiology, University of Split; the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences, University of Split.
The Croatian Educational Research Association was founded with the purpose of developing and exchanging the knowledge and results of the scientific research and connecting university professors and educational scientists and researchers in the Republic of Croatia.
The Association aims at:
- developing scientific research in the field of education;
- applying to programs and projects in the field of education;
- organizing and conducting lectures, workshops and seminars;
- organizing scientific conferences and professional congresses on the topics within the field of education and educational sciences;
- informing the public about the research results from the field of education and educational sciences, as well as the problems that stem from the research within the corresponding field;
- monitoring and evaluation of the educational policies in the Republic of Croatia;
- developing collaboration with similar national and international organizations and institutions.
In September 2015 the Croatian Educational Research Association became a full member of the EERA, a European association which consists of more than 30 national and regional Educational Research Associations from all parts of Europe. EERA’s aims, which are relevant both for the CERA and the other EERA members are as follows:
- encouraging collaboration amongst educational researchers in Europe,
- promoting communication between educational researchers and international governmental organisations such as the EU, Council of Europe, OECD and UNESCO,
- improving communication amongst educational research associations and institutes within Europe,
- disseminating the findings of educational research and highlighting their contribution to policy and practice, etc.
More information about EERA can be found at its web-site: http://www.eera-ecer.de/
The membership of the Croatian Educational Research Association in the EERA has multiple benefits. It contributes to:
- better visibility and ranking of the member institutions within the international research area;
- more successful networking with colleagues and institutions from other countries;
- developing partnerships for applying to EU funds;
- the EERA Council and the Executive Committee lobby on the European level for the better presence and status of the social sciences and humanities within the European programs within which tenders for projects are launched;
- Ph.D. students can attend EERA conferences for the young where they can present, get feed-back and discuss with the professors from other universities.
EERA is also the publisher of the prominent journal The European Educational Research Journal (EERJ) in which scientists can publish their papers. (http://eer.sagepub.com/)